The ARINC 429 Converter component is an 8-pin logic and interface device that can replace the need for a stand-alone dedicated ARINC converter box. The ARINC 429 Converter can be integrated into a traditional High Capacity switch housing, or can be inserted into a stand-alone LOGIC Module for use in-line or behind the panel. The ARINC 429 Converter can also be combined with electromechanical switches and other LCT components to create a custom configuration that uniquely addresses the designer’s specific functional requirements. The ARINC 429 Converter is designed and tested in accordance with MIL-PRF-22885 and DO-160.
- Industry first innovation - ARINC 429 converter inside standard VIVISUN annunciator.
- No software, firmware or programmable logic.
- No stand-alone decoder required to achieve annunciation based on data bit.
- Accommodates two additional discrete inputs to provide “fail” monitoring.
- Includes watchdog timer to monitor validity of incoming ARINC data stream.
- Ideally suited for ADS-B OUT pilot interface requirements.
How it Works
The SR429/1M is a single bit ARINC converter, with additional inputs for up to two independent discrete analog signals. The typical application for the SR429/1M is for failure indications, although the device can be used for a wide range of ARINC digital to analog conversion situations. What makes the SR429/1M device unique is its ability to be packaged inside a traditional switch, indicator or LOGIC Module.
Transponder supplies the ARINC decoder circuitry with the two wire ARINC signal input and can be configured with the following options:
- Any single ARINC Label (000 – 377)
- Any single data bit from selected label (11 – 31)
- ARINC transmission speed (High or Low)
- ARINC bit output type (Pin K4)
- Can be specified to be Active Low or Active Open when selected data bit = 1
- Handling of SDI Bits (Bits 9 & 10)ARINC parity checking (On or Off)
Fail Sense Circuitry:
The internal fail sense circuitry simultaneously monitors the operation of the internal ARINC decoder and 2 optional external inputs and drives a single discrete output. Output will be normally Ground and become Open (high impedance) upon 1) a “fail” signal from the internal health monitor or 2) an indication from either of the optional external inputs.
ARINC Signal Converter – Application Examples
To help system designers understand the potential of LOGIC Component Technology, we have assembled a collection of Application Notes. The links below show example applications that utilize the ARINC Signal Converter component.